At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process about 4 million monthly transactions. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 230+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany, Finland and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Finance at Trustly:
The Finance team today consists of some 20 full-time employees across the Accounting, Payroll, Controlling, Cash Management and Banking Relations team. The majority of the team is located in Stockholm with team members also in Malta and Spain.
In short, the Finance department’s main responsibilities are internal and external financial reporting, keeping track of all transactions and support other parts of the organization with financial data.
About the role:
As Accounting Assistant at Trustly, you will be located at our Malta office where you will be responsible for the accounting activities for our Maltese subsidiaries. You will work closely with all teams within the Finance department as well as the other teams in the Malta office.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor supplier invoices
- Track employee’s expenses and execute payments on a daily basis
- Keeping financial records up-to-date
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of accounts for a number of our subsidiaries
- Assist in year-end reporting procedures
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Continuously evaluate and propose improvements in our current process
- Support the Payroll Manager in administering data of new employees, as well as salary related questions
Who you are:
- Having a degree in Economics, Business Administration or similar would be considered an asset.
- You are familiar with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- You have experience from working in Microsoft Excel
- You are fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- A quick learner who is comfortable taking ownership of given tasks and working independently
- You have an attention to detail and possess organizational skills
- You are able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- You are social and like to work closely in a team