At Trustly, we envision a world in which paying directly from your online bank account is fast, simple and secure. Today, we support 29 European countries and our payment solutions attract global merchants in four main segments: e-commerce, travel, financial services and online gaming. In 2016, we processed €3.2B in payments and today we process more than 2.9 million monthly transactions.
We are a team of 180+ people and are headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany and the UK. We are a young, dynamic and fast-growing company leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Finance at Trustly:
The Finance department has had a rapid growth the past years, and today the team consists of 17 employees divided into smaller teams in Accounting, Cash Management, Banking Relations, Business Controlling and Payroll.
In short, the Finance department’s main responsibilities are internal and external financial reporting, keeping track of all transactions and support other parts of the organization with financial data.
About the role:
As an Accounting Assistant at Trustly, you will be located at our Stockholm office and you will be responsible for the accounting activities for our Maltese and Spanish subsidiaries. You will work closely with all of the teams within the Finance department including the team members in Malta and Spain.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor supplier invoices and executing the payments on a daily basis
- Track employee’s expenses and execute payments on a daily basis
- Keeping financial records up-to-date
- Monthly reconciliation of accounts for a number of our subsidiaries
- Assist in year end reporting procedures
- Reconcile bank statements
- Continuously evaluate and propose improvements in our current process
- Support the Payroll Manager in administering data of new employees, as well as salary related questions
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree qualified in Economics, Business Administration or similar.
- You are familiar with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- You have experience from working in Microsoft Excel
- You are fluent in both Swedish and English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- A quick learner who is comfortable taking ownership of given tasks and working independently
- You have an attention to detail and possess organisational skills
- You are able to prioritize and making sure that you meet deadlines
- You are social and like to work closely in a team