At Trustly, we envision a world in which paying directly from your online bank account is fast, simple and secure. Today, we support 29 European countries, and our payment solutions attract global merchants in four primary segments: e-commerce, travel, financial services and online gaming. In 2016, we processed €3.2B in payments, and today, we handle more than 5 million monthly transactions.
We are a team of 170+ people and are headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany and the UK. We are a young, dynamic and fast-growing company leading the development of the payments industry, and the work you are going to do here will make a significant impact.
About the Surveillance Team at Trustly:
The primary purpose of the Surveillance team is to monitor existing clients, and their transaction flows, as well as to perform follow-up due diligence. The team will work closely with the Underwriting team, which is responsible for the intake and CDD of new clients.
The team is part of the larger AML & Merchant Risk department, which is responsible for customer risk assessment from an AML/CFT perspective, sanction screening and PEP controls, CDD procedures, transaction screening, monitoring and reporting to FIU. This small but efficient department currently consists of 7 people, all based in Sliema.
About the role:
Due to rapid growth and our desire to maintain a high level of internal service, we are hiring a skilful and responsible person for AML & Merchant Risk Analyst role. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for maintaining existing customer transaction and customer profile monitoring routines as well as developing new routines and methodology, all to be done in accordance with Trustly’s AML/CFT Programme and risk-based approach. While working with large sets of data, you will have the flexibility to determine the best methods applicable for such analysis.
The role will also give you the unique opportunity to take an active part in developing new monitoring routines. A relational database of client transactions will be your primary data source.
You will work closely with our Technical Support, Account Management, and Customer Support departments. You will report to the Surveillance Team Leader.
What you will do:
- Take ownership of maintaining existing transaction and customer profile monitoring routines as well as manage internal documentation (processes and procedures).
- Establish new manual/semi-automated transaction monitoring routines by using SQL.
- Work with large sets of data while having the flexibility to determine the best methods for data analysis.
- Conduct investigations using internal and external sources to verify independently and enrich information related to customers.
- Reflect discoveries under customer profiles, document key findings and rationale behind decisions.
- Keep all internal records up-to-date.
- Escalate findings internally when necessary and take part in further discussions with internal or external stakeholders.
- Assist team members and other stakeholders by sharing expertise in terms of activity monitoring.
Who you are:
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL or other variations of SQL.
- 2+ years of experience in transaction monitoring/analysis and working with large sets of data.
- 2+ years of experience working in AML/CFT/Fraud field(s).
- Solid data analytics skills (statistical analysts, mathematical modelling) will be considered an advantage.
- Strong analytical/investigative skills and the ability to produce clear and concise reports.
- Have a basic understanding of ML and FT typologies
- Critical/analytical thinking; ability to prioritize and differentiate between what is a distraction and what matters.
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment.
- Ability to make a rational decision considering relevant risks and take responsibility for such decisions.
- Highest ethical standards.
- Spotless reputation (background checks, police conduct record and bank reference is a must).
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision when necessary.
- Attention to detail, natural curiosity and desire to drill down to the root of the matter.
- •Highly organized and cooperative skills.
- Superb verbal and written command of the English language.