At Trustly, we envision a world in which paying directly from your online bank account is fast, simple and secure. Today, our payment products are available in 29 European countries and attract global merchants in four main segments: e-commerce, travel, financial services and online gaming. In 2016, we processed €3.2 B in payments and today we process more than 2.5 million monthly transactions.
We are a team of 170+ people and are headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany and the UK. We are a young, dynamic and fast-growing company leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
Trustly is a licensed payment institution under supervision of the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (Finansinspektionen) and subject to a set of regulatory requirements.
About the Underwriting Team at Trustly:
The main purpose of the Underwriting team is to review and perform due diligence and risk assessment of prospects delivered by the Sales team. The team works closely with the Surveillance team, which is responsible for monitoring of existing customers.
The team is part of the larger AML & Merchant Risk team, which is responsible for customer risk assessment from an AML/CFT perspective, sanction screening and PEP controls, CDD procedures, transaction screening, monitoring and reporting (SAR). This small but efficient department is based in Sliema, Malta.
About the role:
Due to rapid growth and our desire to maintain a high level of internal service, we are hiring a skilled and responsible person to lead a newly created Underwriting team. In this role, you will provide daily operational supervision of two team members and will report directly to the Head of AML & Merchant Risk. Parallel to leading the team, you will be required to take ownership of more complex responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
- Provide internal advice to the Underwriting team and act as a subject matter expert
- Plan and organize the team’s daily work to meet internal SLAs and drive the team’s projects
- Take ownership of higher complexity cases, attend meetings and take calls with external parties when necessary
- Develop and implement regular quality assurance (QA) routines
- Develop and maintain a professional training program for the team members
- Develop, implement and control the team KPIs
- Act as a liaison between the team and other business functions
- Work closely with Head of AML & Merchant Risk to develop and maintain internal documentation (processes and procedures) that is in line with company’s AML/CFT Programme
The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 3 years of experience in corporate and institutional customer due diligence, underwriting or boarding in the regulated environment, corporate banking or financial services
- At least 5 years of experience in similar positions
- Proven leadership experienceStrong knowledge of the EU regulatory landscapeCritical/analytical thinking; the ability to prioritize and differentiate between what is a distraction and what really matters
- The ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment
- The ability to make a rational decision considering relevant risks and take responsibility for such decisions
- The highest ethical standards
- A spotless reputation (background checks, police conduct record and bank reference is a must)
- The ability to work independently under minimal supervision when necessary
- Attention to detail, a natural curiosity and a desire to drill down to the root of the matter
- Strong organizational and cooperative skills
- Superb verbal and written command of the English language
- Knowledge of SQL is considered an advantage