At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process nearly 4 million monthly transactions.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 200+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
Trustly is a licensed payment institution under supervision of the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (Finansinspektionen) and subject to a set of regulatory requirements.
About Finance at Trustly:
The Finance team today consists of some 20 full-time employees across the Accounting, Payroll, Controlling, Cash Management and Banking Relations team. The majority of the team is located in Stockholm with team members also in Malta and Spain.
About the role:
Banking Relations are responsible and manage all relationships that Trustly has with banks across Europe, as well as initiate new relationships and further expanding existing ones. Hence the ideal candidate is a strong relationship builder who will be able to take ownership of some of the bank relations. Part of daily tasks include: maintain, build and take ownership of bank relationships; respond to emails from banks; inform new banks about Trustly; arrange and lead telephone conferences with external stakeholders to discuss relevant topics; coordinate and respond to KYC requests; travel to bank meetings across Europe; represent Trustly at various bank related events In addition to interaction within the Finance team, the role will require successfully working together with among others the Product, Compliance, AML and Legal teamsYou will report to the Head of Banking Relations
What you’ll do:
- Manage some of Trustly’s banking relationships across whole of Europe, other PSPs (Payment Service Providers) and clearing and settlement mechanisms in Trustly’s role as customer to these organisations
- Maintain and expand existing banking relationships and initiate new ones
- Drive the dialogue Trustly has with banks
- Act as first point of contact at Trustly for requests and questions from banks and other PSPs
- Furnish information about Trustly to facilitate KYC processes
- Help review and negotiate terms when Trustly purchases transaction banking services
- Draft and edit letters, reports, memos, presentations and other communications, both internal and external
- Some travelling may occur in this position
Who you are:
- A team player with excellent time management skills and the ability to deal with both internal and external stakeholders
- A quick learner who is comfortable taking ownership of given tasks and working independently
- You possess strong organisational and administrative skills with a high attention to detail
- You are fluent in both Swedish and English, and additionally Polish, French or German is considered a plus
- 3+ years of work experience preferably from a bank, payment institution or similar roles, with a wish to work in a fast changing Fintech environment
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration or equivalent