At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process about 6 million monthly transactions. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 250+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Finance at Trustly:
The Finance team today consists of some 20 full-time employees across the Accounting, Payroll, Business Controlling, Cash Management and Banking Relations teams. The majority of the team is located in Stockholm with team members also in Malta and Spain.
In short, the Finance department’s main responsibilities are internal and external financial reporting, keeping track of all transactions and support other parts of the organization with financial data.
About the role:
To make sure that the steering and business partnering keeps up with the high pace of the Trustly Group, we are now looking for a skilled business controller. As a business controller at Trustly you will be responsible for consistent financial reporting that provides insights and supports the right business decisions and priorities. You will be part of driving the annual financial budget and forecast process and secure that it is aligned with company strategy. Furthermore, you will develop and secure reporting of relevant KPIs to ensure we are on the right track. In this role you will report to Head of Business Control.
To be successful in this role, you need to enjoy a highly dynamic environment in which everyone contributes unique skills. Additionally, having a humble attitude is key to Trustly’s success and is essential to be part of our organization.
What you will do
- Provide our internal and external stakeholders with relevant analysis and reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Improve processes, system integrations and harmonization
- Define relevant KPI’s and create structures for reporting and follow up of KPI’s
- Calculate commission
- Support other departments with business cases
- Provide board with monthly reports
- Work actively with continuous improvements
Who you are
- Bachelor or Master’s degree qualified in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar
- A minimum of 3 years of experience from business controlling
- Solid experience in financial follow up and financial planning
- Driven by developing and improving processes and routines
- Delivery-focused with a high degree of ownership
- You have excellent Excel- and analytical skills
- Pragmatic and pedagogical
- A natural communicator with great presentation skills
- Resilient, humble and ingenious as those are our values