At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process nearly 4 million transactions per month.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 200+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany, Finland and the UK. We are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Commercial Operations at Trustly:
The Commercial Operations team’s core purpose is to drive key activities related to business performance and process optimization across the five Commercial teams: Commercial Strategy, Marketing, Sales, Account Management and Support. Our goal is to help the teams to work more efficiently by reducing bottlenecks and challenging the norms. We consider ourselves successful when we deliver speed and quality to our customer by freeing up our employees time and helping to ensuring best-in-class margins.
About the Commercial Business Performance Manager role:
The role of a Business Performance Manager is to drive key strategy execution projects focused on sales operations in order to deliver high performance across the Commercial organization. Trustly is a fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial feel, which means that the need for process optimization is continuously increasing. A successful Business Performance Manager therefore needs to be able to adapt quickly to the growing needs of the organization, have a consultative and flexible mindset, and like a high-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the sales process optimization – with focus on identifying key process gaps and bottlenecks, defining needed actions in order to reduce them, and implementing necessary new ways of working in the organization
- Support and drive creation of the sales strategy – including driving and coordinating the yearly vertical sales strategies, supporting the implementation of account plans, keeping key templates and process documents up-to-date and building continuous improvements to the process
- Support and drive the creation of a Trustly Customer Engagement model – with focus on account plans & strategy, account governance, and customer interactions & training
- Implement, drive and facilitate the Sales & Account monthly review process
- Drive the creation of the Commercial performance KPIs – including definition, implementation and follow-up to ensure we hit our Commercial targets
- Identify key efficiency improvement areas in the Commercial organizations in order to ensure that the sales process runs as smooth as possible; this ensures that our Sales & Account teams can focus on what they do best: going after the next big deal!
- Drive the communication and knowledge sharing strategy and lead the commercial onboarding program
A successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of complex B2B sales journeys and have excellent stakeholder management capabilities to effectively drive change. He or she must also have strong project management experience with focus on the result and the ability to drive problem to resolution. In addition, he or she must have good analytical skills and be able to apply logical thinking to collected data to formulate improvements based on business needs.
The candidate should also have a clear track record of strong communication skills with the ability to present and discuss proposals adapted to target audience. This means showcasing a strong business understanding with the ability to combine strategic and operational perspectives while being an effective decision maker with strong prioritization capabilities.
As a person, you are:
- Positive, ambitious and outgoing with a consultative approach
- Structured and process-driven with a result-oriented mindset
- Flexible with ability to adapt to changing requirements and hold together complex projects
- Analytical and a strategic thinker
- Open-minded, inquisitive and resourceful
As a professional, you are/have:
- A master’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in a similar role focused on Sales Operations Optimization, preferably from a medium to large company or consultancy background
- Fluent in English; Swedish is a plus
- Proficient in Excel, PPT, CRM and relevant project management tools