At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process about 5 million monthly transactions. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 230+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Finland, Germany and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Marketing at Trustly:
The Marketing team is a creative group of 18 people and together we work to make Trustly a trusted and treasured brand in the payments industry. We plan and attend industry events, design sales collateral, collaborate with partners to launch campaigns and more, always with measurable KPIs in mind. We have lots of fun outside the office as well, whether we’re mastering the art of making dumplings or paddleboarding in the archipelago.
About the role:
As Trustly’s copywriter, your mission will be to produce both printed and digital material that deliver a solid and consistent brand experience. You will support and execute on the marketing and communications strategy and existing guidelines.
On an average day, you’ll write, write, edit, write, proofread and write! Mostly short-form, but occasionally long-form. You will report to the Marketing Project Manager and work closely with our three graphic designers.
As a person, you need to be a creative problem-solver who enjoys a challenge. You are highly communicative and a results-driven team player who loves to tweak the written word into efficient messages. You are tech-savvy and probably pretty witty. You’re skilled at turning complicated topics into simple and compelling text. You have an eagle eye for detail and you dream about headlines.
What you'll do:
- Produce clear, consistent and concise materials including print ads, sales flyers, product demos, newsletters and presentations
- Proofread material for other departments within Trustly
- Coordinate translations into a number of different languages
- Support in social media strategy and execution
To succeed in this role, you likely:
- Have a degree in copywriting, journalism, marketing communications, media and communications or another relevant field
- Have a minimum of 2+ years’ of experience as a copywriter (or content producer); bonus points if you have experience in financial communications or fintech writing!
- Are a world-class communicator with a creative and conceptual mind
- Can boil down complex concepts into a simple, digestible text
- Have experience at an ad agency or equivalent
- Have knowledge of digital channels and experience with digital campaigns
- Love working in a fast-moving environment and would rather miss dinner than a deadline
- Are highly productive with a strong inner drive and sense of ownership
- Are native in English and fluency in Swedish is a plus
Ooops, an error has occurred. Please try again.
Creativity is all about ignoring boundaries and letting your mind go.
I love working at Trustly because the company treats tea drinkers and coffee drinkers equally.