At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process about 4 million monthly transactions. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 210+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Commercial Strategy at Trustly
The Commercial Strategy team is a diverse team responsible for defining and enabling the delivery of our Commercial Strategy. The team works very closely with the CCO and VPs of Sales, Accounts and Marketing to identify what to sell, where, for how much and how to prove we create value for our merchants. The team is divided into 4 sub teams:
i) Business Specialists: Support the Sales and AM teams to explain the technical aspects of our product and understand our merchants technical platforms;
ii) Value Proposition team who define and prove how our product creates value for merchants;
iii) Commercial Intelligence who assess our competitive landscape and provide consolidated information to the Sales and AM teams
iv) Commercial Data Science who analyse our internal data to create insights to be used in our value proposition, marketing and commercial strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of the Commercial functions, their needs and challenges
- Identify where available data can be used to creates models & insights to solve Commercial requirements: Necessary to note that the Commercial teams may not be able to articulate these requirements. The team will need to proactively make suggestions and demonstrate how analytics can improve revenue growth
- Communicate results to the Commercial teams in a concise and business applicable insights: May include creating presentations, simple models, etc
- Work extensively with the BI team to help them understand the Commercial data requirements: This should help the BI team to priortise data / data structure work
Practical Tasks: On a more day to day basis the team you will lead will be required to:
- Evaluate data available from the BI database / Qlik and other sources to identify where it could be used to create Commercial insights
- Build models and perform trend analysis to convert data into insights
- Explain to management how trends and other insights could impact strategy / revenue generation
- Support the Value Proposition team to substantial claims about value creation with data
- Support the Co-Marketing team to produce RoI and LTV assumptions to build their campaigns on
- Design reports for AM team to use with clients, such as analysis of their user base, timing of transactions, benchmarking to other clients, etc.
- Build a pricing model for the Sales team using the transaction ATV distribution for each vertical
- Work with external clients on Data projects to create internal business cases / value proposition proof points
- Hand over completed reports and models to the BI team for integration with the BI systems
Requirements and proven experience and examples of the following: