At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 280+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany, Finland and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About the Business Insights and Data Analytics team:
Trustly’s BI and Data Analytics team serves the whole organization with data and data insights. The team is growing but currently it consists of five people, including BI Developers, Data Scientists and Data Engineers. At the end of last year, we started to set up data pipelines and infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform. We are introducing BigQuery as the company’s data warehouse and will use that and other components on GCP for analytics, data science and ML. Although the work is progressing well, we need another pair of experienced hands to help us out on this journey! Your contribution will have an impact on the design and architecture of our data platform.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain our data pipelines, ETL jobs and BigQuery data sets. Our languages of choice are Python, SQL and Java. We strive to use existing solutions and open source software when possible.
- Work with data consumers from different parts of the company and BI Developers within the team to understand their needs and how we can structure and store data to best help them.
- Build and own the whole infrastructure needed for data pipelines, storage and analytics on GCP, together with the rest of the team.
- A university degree in a scientific, engineering or mathematical field
- At least a few years of experience building and maintaining big data and/or data warehouse solutions
- Good coding skills in (Python | Java) & SQL
- Experience developing cloud solutions, preferably on GCP but experience from AWS is also relevant
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Capable of driving your own initiatives and coming up with good solutions to broadly defined problems; part of your job will be to define what needs to be done for the team and Trustly to be successful