At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 300+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany, Finland and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you do here will make a great impact.
About Product at Trustly:
The Product department drives the prioritization and development of Trustly’s products, ensuring they align with the company’s short-term and long-term goals. We collectively hatch innovative ideas, analyze market fit, and set the product vision and strategy.
The department is made up of about 60 people, divided into three main teams: Product Development, Product Management and Product Operations. We work closely with developers to enable new products or features within existing products, as well as various Commercial teams to roll out our products to the market. Just like the rest of Trustly, we're growing at a fast pace and we're keen to bring more people on board.
About the role:
In this role, you’ll be a cornerstone in the Consumer Risk team, setting the direction for our journey towards a data driven risk system with automated decision making. To begin with, you’ll take the lead in making sure specifications and requirements are set by working closely with Product and Tech. You’ll develop and validate new predictive risk models, deploying them to production together with our developers.
As the very first Data Scientist in the team, you’ll be handed a great opportunity to have a direct impact on how we’ll model risk going forward. Being a unique internal resource comes with a lot of room for creativity, but also great responsibility.
What you'll do?
- Write specifications and requirements for a new risk system to be built internally
- Be a crucial part of the development of machine learning and statistical models
- Monitor the performance of predictive risk models, continuously retrain them, suggest new variables, define performance metrics
- Utilize the big data and machine learning toolchain on GCP
- Assist in growing the risk organisation - you’ll be the first data scientist, but the company as a whole is growing, so will this team
Who you are:
- A university degree in a Scientific, Engineering or Mathematical field
- A few years of experience building statistical models to answer complex questions
- Good knowledge with Python/R and SQL
- A self-starter - As you’ll be one of the first people in the organization working with these methodologies, you’ll have a big influence on what tools and methods we should use and you need to help the team drive their implementation