At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process about 7 million monthly transactions. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 270+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Finance at Trustly:
The Finance team today consists of some 20+ full-time employees across the Accounting, Payroll, Business Control, Cash Management and Banking Relations team. The majority of the team is located in Stockholm but with team members also in Malta and Spain.
About the role:
Provide development, administration, and user support of our systems within the Finance organization. We believe that in order to succeed in this role, you should have a passion for technology and thrive at a young, dynamic and fast-growing company. We value grit and problem solvers. You are proactive, structured and efficient in your work. Last, but not least, you believe in achieving your personal and company goals by working together, which will achieve greater things than by working alone.
What you'll do:
- System monitoring
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Scope requirements to configure and develop a user-friendly experience for all users
- Train and keep the organization up to date with all future developments in our systems
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Manage and improve integrations with other internal and external services
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Coordinate with external consultants
Who you are:
- You’re comfortable working with Netsuite
- You have experience from a similar role within a complex organization
- You can initiate and lead bigger projects
- You’re a fast learner and skilled in how to educate people in technical/system-related matters
- As a social, open, communicative and ambitious individual, you know the importance of being a team player
- You have excellent time management skills and the ability to deal with both internal and external stakeholders
- Fluency in both Swedish and English is key
- You are highly dependable