At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process about 6 million monthly transactions. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 240+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany, Finland and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
The Finance team today consists of some 20 full-time employees across the Accounting, Payroll, Controlling, Cash Management and Banking Relations team. The majority of the team is located in Stockholm with team members also in Malta and Spain.
In short, the Finance department’s main responsibilities are internal and external financial reporting, keeping track of all transactions, and supporting other parts of the organization with financial data.
About the role
We’re looking for a self-driven and ambitious Financial Controller to join our Finance team. As a Financial Controller at Trustly, you’ll be responsible for the documentation of financial processes and testing of internal controls linked to financial reporting. You’ll work closely with the other teams within the Finance department and you will report to the Head of Accounting.
The ideal candidate has a strong drive to improve internal controls and financial processes to support the fast-paced growth of Trustly. To be successful in this role, you need to enjoy a highly dynamic environment in which everyone contributes unique skills. Additionally, having a humble attitude is key to Trustly’s success and is essential to be part of our organization.
What you'll do:
- Document, monitor and evaluate processes related to financial reporting
- Perform sample checks to verify processes and accuracy of numbers to ensure compliance with internal policies
- Assist in preparing reports to the FSA
- Analyze financial data in order to make workload more efficient and qualitative
Who you are:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree qualified in Accounting, Business Administration or similar
- 2-3 years’ experience from one of the Big 4 accounting firms
- Excellent knowledge of evaluation and documentation of processes, testing of internal controls and external financial reporting
- Receptive to feedback and are driven by developing and improving processes and routines
- Delivery-focused and gladly take ownership of projects
- Strong analytical skills
- A natural communicator with great presentation skills in both Swedish and English