At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process about 5 million monthly transactions. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 230+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Finland, Germany and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Product at Trustly:
The Product department drives the prioritization and development of Trustly’s products, ensuring they align with the company’s short-term and long-term goals. We collectively hatch innovative ideas, analyze market fit, and set the product vision and strategy.
The department is made up of about 60 people, divided into three main teams: Product Development, Product Management and Product Operations. We work closely with developers to enable new products or features within existing products, as well as various Commercial teams to roll out our products to the market. Just like the rest of Trustly, we're growing at a fast pace and we're keen to bring more people on board.
About the role:
As a Fraud Specialist, you will be working in Product Operations making sure we reduce fraud. You will be working together with Support, Product Owners, Risk and merchant fraud teams to make sure we have great fraud prevention in place and are acting proactively to minimise fraud. You will be the one knowing everything about fraud risks and the go to person when people need help in investigating fraud.
What you'll do:
- Monitor and analyze suspicious, blocked and confirmed fraudulent transactions
- Proactively analyze various data to find patterns showing fraud
- Lead fraud case investigation in collaboration with other relevant teams, internal as well as external
- Ensure Fraud KPI are recorded
- Handle external communication regarding fraud to example Merchants, endusers etc.
- Handle internal communication regarding fraud
- Suggest new fraud rules and other fraud prevention measures and collaborate with product to implement them
- Create and maintain routines for fraud handling
- Create how - to documentation for fraud work
Who you are:
- You have experience working with payments
- You’re analytical, structured and a problem solver with good decision making skills
- You have good understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements
- You have at least 2 to 3 years of previous experience of working within a fraud team.
- Knowledge so that you can create, modify and execute Postgres SQL database queries to retrieve and analyze data
- As we operate on various markets, fluency in English is a must; other languages are a bonus