At Trustly, we envision a world in which paying directly from your online bank account is as easy as sliding cash across the counter. Today, we cover 29 European countries and our payment solutions attract global merchants in four main segments: e-commerce, travel, financial services and online gaming. In 2016, we processed €3.2B in payments and today we process more than 2.2 million monthly transactions.
We are a team of 180+ people and are headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany and the UK. We are a young, dynamic and fast-growing company leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
Trustly is a licensed payment institution under supervision of the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (Finansinspektionen) and subject to a set of regulatory requirements.
About the Marketing team:
The Marketing team is a tight-knit, creative group of 14 people based in Stockholm. Together we work to make Trustly a trusted and treasured brand in the payments industry. We plan and attend industry events, conduct market research, collaborate with partners to launch campaigns and more, always with measurable KPIs in mind. We have lots of fun outside the office as well, whether we’re mastering the art of making dumplings or boating in the archipelago.
The pace at the Marketing department is high and you need to be able to grasp the overview of a marketing focused web development projects, not only your specific task. It is important that you have the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and help to determine priorities based on time, complexity, availability, etc. We often explore new ways of working by using tools and frameworks, apart from your core competence it is highly valued if you want to try new things. You’ll be working with a small team of like-minded web developers and web designers, contributing and learning in an environment where the tech stack is carefully handpicked and constantly on the change.
About the role:
We are now looking for an ambitious individual who’s passionate about discovering new technologies and implementing solutions at the peak of innovation. We prefer that you have previous experience from working in a marketing team, a web design agency or in a similar environment. In addition, you have built websites and web apps with an outstanding user experiences, handcrafted custom CMSs, delivered highly optimized landing pages for page speed, usability and conversion.
Your main focus will be on front-end and back-end web development across our multiple channels including our main website, partners portal, developer portal and other micro websites and services.
To be successful in this role you communicate your ideas comfortably and clearly with fellow developers and with non-tech team members alike. You have a skill on simplifying ideas and communicating solutions in a simple manner. You’re not afraid of learning new programming languages when needed, feel excited about taking an old codebase and rewriting it into a modular scalable web solution and often contribute to open-source projects. Furthermore, you are a team player and value the importance of being structured and organized in your way of working by documenting implementations, processes, tips and resources along the way.
- 3+ years of experience as full stack developer
- Stellar tech know-how within object oriented development and architecture
- Broad backend experience within Php, Node.JS or Ruby
- Broad backend experience in database and data storage technologies including SQL, NoSQL, JSON and flat file formats
- Demonstrated ability to often take on challenging web development problems and to find ways to solve it innovatively, aka workaround master
- Experience of exposing functionality through an API
- Experience in building public-facing, mobile-first responsive websites and web apps that work elegantly across commonly used browsers
- Experience in custom CMS development
- Thorough knowledge in Analytics, SEO, Semantic Web and in Version Control using Git, GitHub
- Organized with strong time management and estimation skills/experience (i.e. ability to give and stick to a timeline/estimate)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience in JAMstack web development architecture, Static Sites Generators, Webpack
- Interactive web development using animation frameworks i.e GASP, ScrollMagic
- Building reports that combines multiple data sources by utilizing BI tools i.e Qlik Sense, Tableau
- Cloud web development, AWS
- Comfortable in conducting code reviews and contributing to coding standards