At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process about 4 million monthly transactions. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 230+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
The Finance team today consists of some 20 full-time employees across the Accounting, Payroll, Controlling, Cash Management and Banking Relations team. The majority of the team is located in Stockholm with team members in Malta and Spain. In short, the Finance department’s main responsibilities are internal and external financial reporting, keeping track of all transactions and support other parts of the organization with financial data.
About the role:
Today, the Trustly group consists of nearly 30 companies with subsidiaries in several countries within Europe. To make sure that the financial reporting keeps up with the high pace of the Trustly group we are now looking for a skilled Group Accounting Manager. You will work closely with other parts of the Finance department and you will report to Head of Accounting.To be successful in this role you need to appreciate a dynamic environment and to be able to meet tight deadlines.
What you’ll do:
- All elements of the consolidated financial reporting including managing monthly, quarterly and year-end closings as well as preparing the Annual Report for the group together with Head of Accounting
- Ensure compliance with IFRS. Together with the Head of Accounting you will make sure that the financial statements for the group are in compliance with IFRS
- Accounting for business combinations, M&A’s and similar transactions
- Cash flow analysis
- Ad hoc accounting projects
- Continuously evaluate and propose improvements in our current process
Who you are:
- 3-5 years of work experience preferably from work at one of Big 4 audit firms or similar
- Experience from working with IFRS
- A genuine interest of working within accounting
- Excellent Excel and analytical skills
- You are fluent in both Swedish and English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- A quick learner who is comfortable taking ownership of given tasks and working independently
- You are social and like to work closely in a team