At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 300+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany, Finland, the UK & The U.S. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact
About Sales at Trustly:
The Sales department works together with the rest of the company to win new business, which directly contributes to Trustly’s fast growth. Our goal is to sign new merchants, both large and small, and we are always willing to walk the extra mile to get there. The department is made up of around 30 people, divided into verticals (e-Com, Gaming, Partner Sales and Travel), and we are on the frontlines representing and pitching Trustly every day.
About the role:
To further accelerate the profitable growth of the business, we are looking for a highly motivated and successful head of eCommerce Sales. As Trustly’s Head of Sales for our eCommerce vertical, you will work closely with the Sales Director, lead the sales department, overseeing the activities of the Junior and Senior Sales managers and monitoring and analyzing the sales performance as a whole. The Head of Sales in eCommerce will report directly to the Director of Sales eCommerce.
The Head of Sales role requires commercial acumen and a deep understanding of the target merchant base, the competitive market, and an ability to analyze sales department performance. In addition to this, the Head of Sales role is an integral part of the business in that it also involves the management of external partners and collaborations with numerous internal departments.
The successful candidate will have experience of managing an effective sales team. Creating and managing sales processes and developing strategic plans relating to marketing initiatives, product development, as well as executing upon these. We see that you have a proven track record of success in the sales area within the payments or ecommerce industry. You possess exceptional communication skills as well as being a solution-driven problem solver with an innovative mindset. Furthermore we see that you demonstrate leadership skills, portraying an ability to move and inspire a large group in a unified direction and vision.
What you’ll do:
- Manage your own focused pipeline of strategic accounts and deliver against a personal revenue target
- Provide direct leadership over the eCommerce sales team and play a mentorship role to the sales managers, assisting in the execution of duties upon request
- Along with the eCommerce Sales Director, create and implement sales action plans that incorporate key actions that work to set KPI’s for the business and deliver on those KPIs
- Utilise analytics tools and works with the analytics team in undertaking detailed analyses of sales performance for the purpose of reporting sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities to sales management
- Create and maintain internal sales activity planning, reports and CRM
- Work closely with the internal partner team and external partners such as PSPs, eCommerce platforms and digital agencies to distribute our value proposition and drive sales activity
- Work closely with the Sales Director and teams up with the product development departments in creating product intelligence
- Your are a true self-starter who is prepared to roll your sleeves up and get involved
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and 6-10 years of experience in payments/banking industry
- You’re able to travel regularly between Trustly’s offices, supporting the team in the territories they operate within
- A strong leader with the ability to mentor and coach, allowing the ability to develop and grow the teams skillset and competencies
- You have experience in evaluating product/market situations and analyzing raw data and information, transforming it into actionable sales strategies and approaches
Ooops, an error has occurred. Please try again.
Ingenious people in a humble environment with a resilient attitude. Welcome to Trustly.
No matter how busy things get, there's always a reason to smile around here!