At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process about 4 million monthly transactions. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 210+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Finland, Germany and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About the Account Management team at Trustly:
The Account Management team is responsible for the commercial relationships with our existing merchants. Our responsibilities includes forming strong and long lasting relationships with our merchants and ensure that we develop our existing business, which directly contributes to Trustly’s rapid growth. In addition, being closest to our customers, we play a crucial role in picking up new trends and customer requests and to feed that to our product development team. We travel to relevant industry events together with the Sales team to meet potential customers as well as our existing customers.
Besides working hand in hand with the Sales teams, you will work closely with all departments such as Tech, Customer Support, Marketing, Legal and Compliance.
What the role entails:
As a Junior Account Manager, you will manage direct customer communication after the first week, where you will support customers in their everyday operations. As you will be responsible for a wide range of smaller merchants in our existing customer base, it’s important that you are curious, focused and ready to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
You will be supported by an internal mentor during the first weeks, who will ensure that you get up to speed quickly in order to be able to work independently. You will also work closely with internal departments including Sales, Tech, Legal and Customer Support. The range of tasks will be wide and you can expect emphasis on the following areas:
- Service offering: You will need to build a thorough understanding of the various aspects of Trustly’s product offering, as well as our competitors, in order to manage customer queries.
- KYC (Know Your Customer): Manage KYC processes, ensuring that Trustly has proper knowledge of our complete customer base and their types of businesses. This is a requirement we need to comply with as a regulated Financial Institution. In this process, you will act as an intermediary
- Agreements: Manage customer questions about their agreements with Trustly. This can include price negotiations and complex regulatory questions, where you always have the support from your closest manager as well as our in-house Legal team
- Merchant activation: Activate merchants that have not processed transactions and take part of proactively identifying and pursuing ways to increase Trustly’s volume with the merchant over time (e.g. by making sure Trustly is well presented on the merchant site).
- Support: Support and assist our merchants in various tasks and queries, as well as our existing team of Account Managers in their sales.
You should aim to simultaneously build and create your own customer portfolio by using your analytical skills to affiliate customers with potential from the pool of small customers.
To be successful in this role:
- For this role, we prefer that you have a higher university degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or similar and previous experience from Sales and Account Management is meriting.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, you will be managing a portfolio of small merchants and you will have the opportunity of making impact by increasing value from your customers.
- With an analytical mind, you are able to discuss and negotiate pricing models, agreements and KYC processes with our customers.
- You’re great with people, know how to sell, have a strong business acumen, and all this with a humble approach.
- Understanding financial flows and anticipating our customers’ needs come naturally to you.
- As we are an international company operating on various markets, it is crucial that you are a natural communicator who is fluent in English. Additional European languages are meriting.
If you are ready to take on a new challenge and want to be part of our growth and expansion into new markets, apply now!