At Trustly, we envision a world in which paying directly from your online bank account is fast, simple and secure. Today, our payment products are available in 29 European countries and attract global merchants in four main segments: e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process more than 3 million monthly transactions.
Trustly is a licensed payment institution under supervision of the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (Finansinspektionen) and subject to a set of regulatory requirements.
We are a team of 180+ people and are headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany and the UK. We are a young, dynamic and fast-growing company leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About the Account Management team at Trustly:
The Account Management team is responsible for the commercial relationships with our existing merchants Our responsibilities includes forming strong and long lasting relationships with our merchants and ensure that we develop our existing business, which directly contributes to Trustly’s fast and furious growth. In addition, being closest to our customers, we play a crucial role in picking up new trends and customer requests and to feed that to our product development team. The department is made up of 12 people of which 4 are based in Stockholm. We occasionally travel to relevant industry events together with the Sales team to meet potential customers as well as our existing customers.
What the role entails:
As a Junior Account Manager, you will manage direct customer communication after the first week, where you will support customers in their everyday operations. As you will be responsible for a wide range of smaller merchants in our existing customer base, it’s important that you are curious, focused and ready to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
You will be supported by an internal mentor during the first weeks, who will ensure that you get up to speed quickly in order to be able to work independently. You will also work closely with internal departments including Sales, Tech, Legal and Customer Support. The range of tasks will be wide and you can expect emphasis on the following areas:
- Service offering: Understand the technical aspects of Trustly’s product offering, as well as our competitors, in order to manage customer queries.
- KYC (Know Your Customer): Manage KYC processes, ensuring that Trustly has proper knowledge of our complete customer base and their types of businesses in order to comply with our requirements as a Financial Institution. In this process, you will act as an intermediary between our internal KYC team and our customers.
- Agreements: Manage customer questions about their agreements with Trustly. This can include price negotiations and complex regulatory questions, where you always have the support from your closest manager as well as our in-house Legal team.
- Merchant activation: Activate merchants that have not processed transactions.
- Support: Support and assist our merchants in various tasks and queries, as well as our existing team of Account Managers in their sales
We encourage you to simultaneously build and create your own customer portfolio by using your analytical skills to affiliate customers with potential from the pool of small customers.
To be successful in this role:
- For this role, we prefer that you have a higher university degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or similar and previous experience from Sales and Account Management is meriting.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, you will be managing a portfolio of small merchants and you will have the opportunity of making impact by increasing value from your customers
- With an analytical mind, you are able to discuss and negotiate pricing models, agreements and KYC processes with our customers.
- You’re great with people, know how to sell, have a strong business acumen, and all this with a humble approach.
- Understanding financial flows and anticipating our customers’ needs come naturally to you.
- As we are an international company operating on various markets, it is crucial that you are a natural communicator who is fluent in English. Additional European languages are meriting.
If you are ready to take on a new challenge and want to be part of our growth and expansion into new markets, apply now!