At Trustly, we envision a world in which paying directly from your online bank account is fast, simple and secure. Today, we support 29 European countries and our payment solutions attract global merchants in four main segments: e-commerce, travel, financial services and online gaming. In 2016, we processed €3.2B in payments and today we process more than 2.5 million monthly transactions.
We are a team of 160+ people and are headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany and the UK. We are a young, dynamic and fast-growing company leading the development of the payments industry, and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About the Partner Team at Trustly:
The Partner Team is responsible for signing up and managing the growth of Trustly’s Partner Network, comprised of Payment Service Providers (PSPs) of all sizes who resell Trustly’s services to merchants. Trustly has recently made a strategic decision to invest significantly in the Partner channel, and is staffing up to both bring on additional partners and to help these partners be successful at selling Trustly. As such, the Partner Team and Partner Channel are expected to significantly contribute to Trustly’s already high growth in the coming years.
This small but growing department is currently made up of 3 people based around Europe. We frequently travel to meet with current and potential partners across Europe, attend relevant industry events, and check into the Stockholm headquarters while working closely with our colleagues. Given Trustly’s strategic focus on selling via PSPs, we expect the Partner Team to increasingly be the growth engine of Trustly and to be the center of attention and investment!
About the role:
As part of our growth strategy, we are looking for a highly motivated Partner Account Manager for the Partnership Management team in London, Stockholm or Cologne. This position will be critical in building long-term relationships with international partners (PSPs) of all sizes. You’ll work closely with our Sales and Technical specialists as well as our Account Managers.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as main point of partner contact for Trustly, delivering expertise and guidance to partners as they craft and execute on a comprehensive, global payments strategy
- Consult partners on how to grow their business using Trustly’s products
- Grow and manage current relationships of Trustly’s Payment Service Provider (PSP) partners in order to meet revenue growth targets from our Partners’ merchants
- Build relationships and long-term strategic cooperation with PSPs (externally) and Account Management and Sales teams (internally)
- Proactively identify, assess, clarify and follow up on Partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Develop and prioritize partners’ product/service requests.
- Coordinate, manage and execute internal projects pertaining to Partners
- Work with individuals and teams across the organization to ensure the best possible Partner experience
- Gather Partners’ feedback from the market regarding Trustly’s offering, evaluate changing Partner needs, and communicate these to relevant Trustly departments for action
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of sales or account management experience in the payments space
- Strong familiarity with alternative payment methods and ecommerce payments
- The highest ethical standards
- A track record of repeatedly exceeding quota
- A consultative style and the ability to become a trusted advisor
- An ability to build great relationships with highly technical customers and partners
- Strong, proven negotiation skills
- High energy; you are able to manage a large number of partners effectively
- The ability to work independently, while simultaneously being an outstanding team player
- Attention to detail; you are extremely organized and work well with others
- A passion for the electronic payments industry and e-commerce
- The motivation and flexibility to work well in a rapidly changing high-growth environment
- Superb verbal and written communication skills in English