At Trustly, we envision a world in which making account-to-account payments in an online retail environment is fast, simple and secure. Today, we support 29 European countries, and our payment solutions attract global merchants in four main segments: e-commerce, travel, financial services and online gaming. We process €5 billion in payments annually, and today we process more than 6 million monthly transactions.
We are a team of 250 people headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with regional offices in Malta, Germany, Spain, the UK and Finland. We are a young, dynamic and fast-growing company leading the development of the payments industry, and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About the Partner Team at Trustly:
The Partner Team is responsible for signing up and managing the growth of Trustly’s Partner Network, comprised of Payment Service Providers (PSPs) of all sizes who resell Trustly’s services to merchants. Trustly has recently made a strategic decision to invest significantly in the Partner channel, and is staffing up to bring on additional partners and to help these partners be successful at selling Trustly. As such, the Partner Team and Partner Channel are expected to significantly contribute to Trustly’s already high growth in the coming years.
This small but growing department is currently made up of 7 people based around Europe. We frequently travel to meet with current and potential partners across Europe, attend relevant industry events, and check into the Stockholm headquarters while working closely with our colleagues in Sales, Account Management, Integrations, Product, Legal, etc.. Given Trustly’s strategic focus on selling via Partners, we expect the Partner Team to increasingly be the growth engine of Trustly and to be the center of attention and investment!
About the role:
As part of our growth strategy, we are looking for a highly motivated Partner Account Manager to join our team at our headquarters in Stockholm. This position will be critical in building long-term relationships with partners (PSPs) of all sizes, based mainly in the Nordics and Baltics. You’ll work closely with our Sales and Technical specialists as well as our Merchant Account Managers.
The main areas of focus of the role are as follows:
- Partner Revenue Generation
- Serve as main Trustly point of contact for Trustly Partners in your portfolio, delivering expertise and guidance to Partners as they craft and execute a comprehensive, global payments strategy è “Own” all the Partners in your portfolio
- Consult partners on how to grow their business using Trustly’s products
- Grow and manage a portfolio of Partner relationships of Trustly’s Payment Service Provider (PSP) partners in order to meet revenue growth targets
- Ensure Partners’ integrations to Trustly are up to date and comprehensive, and that the user experience with Trustly via Partners is optimized
- Work with Product and Commercial Strategy colleagues in the successful roll out via Partners of new Trustly functionality and products
- Develop and prioritize partners’ product/service requests.
- Gather Partners’ feedback from the market regarding Trustly’s offering, evaluate changing Partner needs, and communicate these to relevant Trustly departments for action
- Partner Channel Process Improvement
- Coordinate, manage and execute internal projects pertaining to Partners
- Contribute to continuous improvement of processes and practices impacting the success of the Partner channel
- Work with multiple departments to identify new types of Partners who can help us to distribute Trustly’s increasing suite of payment and information services
- Contribute knowledge and experience from previous work to help Trustly successfully enter into new markets and product areas
- Regularly interact with and train colleagues across the company regarding how best to drive further growth via the Partner Channel
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 4+ years of sales and/or account management experience, preferably in the payments space
- Strong familiarity with alternative payment methods and e-commerce payments
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders with the highest degree of professionalism, firmness, integrity and teamwork
- The highest ethical standards
- A consultative style and the ability to become a trusted advisor
- High energy; you are able to manage a large number of partners effectively
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively; be a thoughtful business partner
- Attention to detail; you are extremely organized and work well with others
- A passion for the electronic payments industry and e-commerce
- The motivation and flexibility to work well in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment
- Superb verbal and written communication skills in English