At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process about 6 million monthly transactions. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 250+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany, Finland and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Finance at Trustly:
The Finance team today consists of some 20 full-time employees across the Accounting,
Payroll, Controlling, Cash Management and Banking Relations team. The majority of the team is located in Stockholm with team members in Malta and Spain.
In short, the Finance department’s main responsibilities are internal and external financial
reporting, keeping track of all transactions and to support other parts of the organization with
About the role:
Trustly is growing at a fast pace and we are keen to bring more people on board. To ensure our high standards of execution within the Payroll function, we are now looking for a committed Payroll Assistant to perform a variety of payroll tasks. You will be located at our Stockholm office and as a Payroll Assistant at Trustly you will manage payroll for our Swedish employees. To be successful in this role you need to appreciate a dynamic environment and be able to meet tight deadlines. You will report to the Payroll Manager.
What you'll do:
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, occupational pension and job title and department transfers
- Work closely with HR to ensure all relevant monthly change data is received in time for processing
- Develop and maintain knowledge of payroll software
- Respond to all queries from employees, managers and authorities
- Continuously evaluate and propose improvements in our current process
- Work closely with the Accounting team and support the team in payroll matters related to bookkeeping
Who you are:
- Holds a relevant Payroll Qualification
- 1-2 years of work experience
- Experience from processing payroll for several companies per month
- Good MS Excel skills
- An interest in working with international payroll
- A natural communicator in Swedish as well as in English
- Flexible, structured and has an attention for details
- A quick learner who is comfortable taking ownership of given tasks and working independently
- A genuine interest of working within payroll