At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process over 6 million monthly transactions.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 250+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Sales at Trustly:
The Sales department works together with the rest of the company to win new business, which directly contributes to Trustly’s fast growth. Our goal is to sign new merchants, both large and small, and we are always willing to walk the extra mile to get there. The department is made up of around 30 people, divided into verticals (e-Com, Gaming, Partner Sales and Travel), and we are on the frontlines representing and pitching Trustly every day.
About the role:
To further accelerate the profitable growth of the business, we are looking for a highly motivated Sales Manager to join our eCommerce team. In this role, you will focus on selling Trustly’s services to eCommerce merchants from a number of sub verticals such as Retail, Digital Content, Ticketing, etc across Europe. This will require working across different teams within Trustly, as well as building relationships with merchants’ product owners, partners and trade associations. You likely have a background in the eCommerce and payments industry with a thorough understanding of what merchants need from a payment provider and how we can support them with our innovative and technology driven solutions.
What you'll do:
- Manage the entire sales cycle, from lead generation to contract execution, targeting potential customers globally
- Act as the point of contact for merchants and partners with regards to product requests, contracts and operative issues on a daily basis
- Acquire merchants and ensure efficient sales processes, including comprehensive KYC, regulatory, risk management and successful integration
- Create and maintain internal sales activity planning and reports and CRM
- Project manage merchant integration with assistance from Trustly’s technical integration specialists and be the primary merchant integration contact for the initial launch
- Continuously evaluate and propose improvements in current sales process and drive change
- When needed, facilitate additional revenue generating initiatives owned and driven by other teams, e.g. the Marketing department
- Assist in product development by having a strong dialogue with merchants and liaising with Trustly’s product development team
- Work closely with the internal partner team and external partners such as PSPs, eCommerce platforms and digital agencies to distribute our value proposition and drive sales activity
- Participate in and contribute to all relevant industry marketing activities, including conferences, external events and meetups
- Stay informed on relevant industry trends to recognize merchants’ pain points
Who you are:
- To be successful in this role, you must be a true self-starter who is prepared to roll your sleeves up and get involved
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and 3/4+ years of experience in payments/banking industry
- You’re motivated by working in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- You’re able to travel regularly between Trustly’s offices, and are as equally comfortable working individually as in a small group.
- Your track record of success in the Business Development/Sales area within the payments/ecommerce industry speaks for itself!
- A strong team player with great interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Deep relationship management and negotiation skills
- A solution-driven problem solver with an innovative mindset
Ooops, an error has occurred. Please try again.
Maybe it's cliche, but at Trustly, we truly work hard and play hard. It's an important balance that keeps us all motivated.
No matter how busy things get, there's always a reason to smile around here!