At Trustly, we envision a world in which paying directly from your online bank account is as easy as sliding cash across the counter. Today, we cover 29 European countries, with more markets on the way, and our B2B payment solutions attract global merchants in four main segments: e-commerce, travel, financial services and online gaming. In 2016, we processed €3.2B in payments and today we process more than 2.9 million monthly transactions.
We are a team of 180+ people and are headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany and the UK. We are a young, dynamic and fast-growing company leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Tech at Trustly:
Trustly is a tech company at heart. Two of our three founders are developers and ten years later, they are still an integral part of the Tech team. You’ll work alongside them and other talented and motivated developers. The Tech team is one of the fastest growing teams in the company. Currently we are 40+ people, but to support Trustly’s growth, we are hiring developers at all levels.
The entire backend system at Trustly is written using stored procedures in PostgreSQL, mainly PL/pgSQL but also pure SQL and PL/Perl. Our developers contribute to the DB Core and we are active in the PostgreSQL Community.
About the Senior Database Developer role:
In this position, you will work with new development as well as maintenance of our transaction system.
Sound interesting? Join our world-class PostgreSQL team, where you’ll learn from the best and be able to contribute your ideas and expertise. Apply now!
- Develop Trustly’s back-end, which is the base of our product and heavily relied upon by all of our other systems to handle complex business logic
- Collaborate with product owners, team leads and other developers to discuss requirements and implement solutions
- Manage code reviews
- Contribute as a team player
- Excellent SQL skills
- Minimum of two years experience in database development
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Experience in PostgreSQL
- Experience in tuning and optimization of databases and queries
- Experience creating database designs, database architectures and data-intensive database solutions
- Experience in Perl, Python or PHP
- Experience working with git
- Experience working with Linux systems