At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process about 5 million monthly transactions.
In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 210+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Tech at Trustly:
The Tech team is one of the fastest growing teams in the company. We are currently about 50 people, all based in Stockholm, and are divided into 8 engineering teams. To support Trustly’s growth, we are hiring developers at all levels.
About the role:
What you'll do:
- Be a part of the core team and have a key role in building our next generation system platform
- Develop and build scalable systems together with our java and database developers
- Work with CI/CD as a standard practise and create development guidelines Introduce new frameworks and technologies into our stack
- Keeping in touch with new and current technologies, sharing your knowledge to the rest of the tech department
- Coach and mentor other developers
- Contribute as a team player
Who you are:
- Several years as a Java developer with experience in building robust, scalable systems from ground up
- Good knowledge in service based architecture and Microservices
- In touch with many and new technologies and frameworks within the java area such as Spring boot and/or Dropwizard.
- Experience in evaluating and selecting open source tools and libraries.
- Comfortable with taking a full life cycle responsibility. From drafting high level architecture to implementing and supporting it. Being able to explain it and motivate design choices to developers and less technical staff.
- Experience in working with monitoring and analytics
- Experience in working with cloud based solutions
- Direct production experience from multiple systems
- Enjoy working in a DevOps environment and consider ownership and excellence fundamental parts of development
- Excellent understanding of the problems with developing secure and robust applications in a SOA. Great with Docker, REST and event driven development
- Good-know how of software testing, unit testing, contract driven development and best practices therein