At Trustly, we envision a world in which paying directly from your online bank account is as easy as sliding cash across the counter. Today, we cover 29 European countries, with more markets on the way, and our payment solutions attract global merchants in four main segments: e-commerce, travel, financial services and online gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process nearly 4 million monthly transactions.
We are a team of 200+ people and are headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany, Barcelona, Helsinki and the UK. We are a young, dynamic and fast-growing company leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Tech at Trustly:
Trustly is a tech company at heart. Two of our three founders are developers and ten years later, they are still active in the company. You’ll work alongside them and other talented and motivated developers who will help you learn and grow. The Tech team is one of the fastest growing teams in the company. Currently we are about 50 people, but to support Trustly’s growth, we are hiring developers at all levels.
The entire backend system at Trustly is written mainly using stored procedures in PostgreSQL, which means PL/PgSQL and also pure SQL, but we are also using Perl, Python, Go, C++. We use Java for our bank integrations but we will include more Java in the backend system going forward.
About the role:
In this role, you’ll be part of the Core team, whose mission is to provide a reliable, flexible technical platform for Trustly employees and also to provide a system that enables Trustly to grow and scale. You’ll work with other senior backend developers, database developers, DBA:s and our CTO, who is also a developer in the team. You will also collaborate a lot with our Platform team and the other backend teams. In this position, you will work with new development as well as maintenance of our Core backend system.
As a Systems Engineer at Trustly, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing Trustly’s backend, which is the base of our product and heavily relied upon by all of our other systems to handle complex business logic
- Collaborating with our CTO and team lead to discuss requirements and implement the solution, together with other developers in the Core team
- Taking the system architecture forward to make sure we can scale as we continue to grow
- Taking responsibility for code reviews and contributing as a team-player
We expect you to have:
- Experience in one or several of these programming/script languages: Python, Go, Perl, Bash or Java
- Experience working with Linux systems
- Fluency in English
The following would be extra beneficial:
- Experience in PostgreSQL
- System monitoring best practices and specific tools such as Prometheus, which is used at Trustly
- Experience from working with distributed systems, inter process communication and such
- Experience in creating database designs and database architectures and working with high data-intensive database solutions
- Experience in technologies like Apache Kafka or similar message brokers
When you join Trustly, you’ll be joining a world-class team, where you will be able to learn from the best and contribute with your ideas and experience. We are really dedicated to PostgreSQL; we have developers contributing to the PostgreSQL Core and we are active in and support the PostgreSQL Community. Apply now!