At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available in 29 European countries attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In 2017, we processed 44% of our total payment volume since our founding in 2008, which is a testament to our fast growth, and today we process nearly 4 million monthly transactions. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 210+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in Spain, Malta, Germany and the UK. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About the Product team:
The Product department drives the prioritization and development of Trustly’s products, ensuring they align with the company’s short-term and long-term goals. We collectively hatch innovative ideas, analyze market fit, and set the product vision and strategy.
The department is made up of about 60 people, divided into three main teams: Product Development, Product Management and Product Operations. We work closely with developers to enable new products or features within existing products, as well as various Commercial teams to roll out our products to the market. Just like the rest of Trustly, we're growing at a fast pace and we're keen to bring more people on board.
About the VP Product role:
Reporting to the Chief Product Office, the Vice President of Product will lead Trustly’s product lines and lead the teams responsible for roadmap planning and execution. You will focus on identifying new product opportunities and bringing game-changing products to market to delight our merchants and our end users. You will play a central role within the Product and Tech teams but it’s vital that you also cooperate closely with all teams across the company. As VP Product, you won’t be executing someone else’s idea; instead, you’ll bring your own to life!
What you’ll do:
- Interact with customers and prospects, and translate market needs into product vision, roadmap and requirements
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Product Strategy and Head of Commercial Strategy to develop product roadmaps
- Own the product portfolio roadmap(s)
- Execute the product roadmap and enable the engineering team to deliver on time and within budget
- Manage and communicate the product roadmap to both internal and external key stakeholders
- Build and lead the product management team; manage and mentor product managers to ensure team is delivering high-quality results
- Ensure seamless user experiences by working closely with UX/UI designers and development teams
- Oversee the transition from product strategy to implementation: from roadmap to releases and sprints, from epics to stories, validating the product along the way
- Develop and execute on go-to-market strategies in cross-functional teams across the company
- Create financial models and use other analytical tools to guide product pricing and go-to- market decisions
- Conduct competitive research and maintain competitive matrix and competitive intelligence materials
- Develop and measure relevant product KPIs covering both product quality as well as product P&L
Who you are:
- To succeed in this role, you must be a thought leader who can define, prioritize, plan and drive the execution of Trustly’s product vision. Your leadership skills will unite Trustly’s various teams to meet common goals and create the next payment product innovation. You must possess excellent business acumen and technical skills, and have a good grasp of how to build competitive advantage through collaboration, teamwork and customer obsession. Given the nature of the role, the highest levels of personal integrity, professionalism, judgment and maturity are expected.
- Documented previous experience of working as a VP Product, or a similar role, in a tech- or payment-focused company
- A good understanding of technology on a high level
- Previously led teams within the product area
- Strong skills in structuring work and fitting the role of VP Product into the company
- The ability to inspire colleagues, both within Product but also other functions within Trustly, in regards to product vision and roadmap direction
You also consider yourself to be resilient, humble and ingenious both at work and in your daily life.
Sound like you? Apply now!